Houston company boasting 18,000-percent growth scores top spot on coveted Inc. 5000 list
Dozens of Houston-based companies have undergone explosive growth in revenue over the last few years, with one such business landing near the top of the prestigious 2023 Inc. 5000 list.
One Houston-based company, Specialty1 Partners, ranked No. 15 nationally, boasting an unimaginable 18,747 percent growth rate from 2019 to 2022. Founded in 2019 by a group of doctors, Specialty1 Partners is a specialty dental services provider focusing on endodontics, oral surgery, and periodontics.
In a press release celebrating their No. 15 spot, the company says it now has more than 350 specialists across 27 states, and over 220 practices.
"We are honored to be recognized by Inc. 5000 for our 3rd consecutive year," stated Daryl Dudum, founder and co-CEO of Specialty1 Partners. "Our tremendous growth reflects our core mission in serving our dental surgical specialists by providing the clinical autonomy they deserve and the business support they need."
While being No. 1 in Houston, Specialty1 Partners is also the fifth highest-ranked Texas business on the list, and No. 1 in the national dental industry. Austin-based CharterUp, an online marketplace specializing in real-time instant transportation booking, ranked No. 2 nationally and No. 1 in the state.
It's not the first award that Specialty1 Partners is celebrating this year. Dudum and his co-founder and co-CEO, Matthew Hadda, were named regional winners for the 2023 EY Entrepreneurs of the Year awards.
Companies on the 2023 Inc. 5000, released August 15, are ranked by percentage growth in revenue from 2019 to 2022. To qualify for the list, a company must have been founded and generating revenue by March 31, 2019. The company also must have been U.S.-based, privately held, for-profit, and independent as of December 31, 2022. The minimum revenue required for 2019 was $100,000; the minimum for 2022 was $2 million.
In all, 482 Texas-based companies made this year’s list, and 95 of those are Houston-based. The report says eight businesses are newly-founded, 59 are repeat honorees, and more than 9,400 jobs were added thanks to these companies.
The 10 remaining Houston-area businesses ranking among the top 500 include:
- No. 81 – Hawthorne Capital, 5,574 percent growth rate
- No. 89 – Valiant Capital, 5,223 percent growth rate
- No. 162 – Intervene K-12, 3,207 percent growth rate
- No. 205 – Mission Driven Meat & Seafood, 2,720 percent growth rate
- No. 292 – BODY20, 1,931 percent growth rate
- No. 360 – Cobalt Engineering and Inspections, La Marque, 1,588 percent growth rate
- No. 383 – Jess Lea Boutique, Magnolia, 1,519 percent growth rate
- No. 393 – Gasochem International, 1,469 percent growth rate
- No. 441 – Supreme Jewelers, Friendswood, 1,315 percent growth rate
- No. 489 – Just Made Foods LLC, 1,198 percent growth rate
Here are the other Texas companies appearing in the state’s top 20 are:
- No. 2 – CharterUp, Austin, 111,130 percent growth rate
- No. 4 – Green Light Distribution, Coppell, 41,090 percent growth rate
- No. 13 – Blue Hammer Roofing, Dallas, 19,510 percent growth rate
- No. 14 – eTrueNorth, Mansfield, 19,130 percent growth rate
- No. 19 – Publishing.com, Austin, 16,497 percent growth rate
- No. 85 – Archer Review, Dallas, 5,378 percent growth rate
- No. 90 – Norwood, Austin, 5,189 percent growth rate
- No. 104 – 24HourNurse Staffing, Pittsburg, 4,520 percent growth rate
- No. 110 – Advantis Medical Staffing, Dallas, 4,302 percent growth rate
- No. 112 – CloudServus, Austin, 4,215 percent growth rate
- No. 144 – Maveneer, Dallas, 3,630 percent growth rate
- No. 145 – Ashland Greene, Dallas, 3,617 percent growth rate
- No. 152 – Physical Therapy Biz, Dallas, 3,542 percent growth rate
- No. 155 – Curis Functional Health, Dallas, 3,444 percent growth rate
- No. 175 – TimelyCare, Fort Worth, 3,015 percent growth rate
- No. 180 – LeasePoint Funding Group, Austin, 2,920 percent growth rate
This article originally ran on CultureMap.