by the numbers
Houston companies snag spots on regional Inc. 5000 list
Revenue growth is on fire at Houston-based Simple Solar.
Revenue at Simple Solar, a provider of residential solar installations, soared 8,007 percent from 2019 to 2021, putting it at No. 2 among the fastest-growing private companies in the Southwest. It leads the list of 25 Houston-area companies appearing in the new Inc. 5000 Regional rankings for the Southwest.
Between 2019 and 2021, the 165 private companies on the Southwest list posted an average growth rate of 557 percent. In 2021 alone, they added 16,116 jobs and nearly $5.5 billion to the Southwest’s economy.
“This year’s Inc. 5000 Regional winners represent one of the most exceptional and exciting lists of America’s off-the-charts growth companies,” says Scott Omelianuk, editor-in-chief of Inc. magazine. “They’re disruptors and job creators, and all delivered an outsized impact on the economy. Remember their names and follow their lead. These are the companies you’ll be hearing about for years to come.”
Here are the 25 Houston-area companies that made the Inc. 5000 Regional list for the Southwest, including their regional rankings.
- No. 2 Simple Solar, Houston-based provider of residential solar installations, 8,007 percent growth
- No. 6 Medical Edge Recruitment, The Woodlands-based health care recruiting and staffing firm, 2,980 percent growth
- No. 8 Specialty1 Partners, Houston-based provider of surgical support services for dental practices, 2,921 percent growth
- No. 15 Magnolia-based online women’s clothing retailer Jess Lea, 1,471 percent growth
- No. 36 Houston-based accounting and advisory firm EFS Group, 458 percent growth
- No. 39 Blackbuck Resources, Houston-based designer, builder, and operator of water infrastructure for the oil and gas industry, 432 percent growth
- No. 48 Leveled Concrete, Houston-based provider of concrete and foundation repair services, 298 percent growth
- No. 52 iCRYO Brands, Houston-based franchisor of cryotherapy centers, 269 percent growth
- No. 53 TAXA Outdoors, Houston-based retailer of camping trailers, 268 percent growth
- No. 58 Proxima Clinical Research, Houston-based contract research organization, 243 percent growth
- No. 64 Ledge, Katy-based seller of in-pool and backyard furniture and accessories, 234 percent growth
- No. 66 TekRevol, Houston-based software developer, 226 percent growth
- No. 79 Finish Line Tax Solutions, Houston-based tax relief firm, 194 percent growth
- No. 82 Incfile, Houston-based provider of services for small businesses, 192 percent growth
- No. 99 Flocknote, Magnolia-based provider of technology that helps churches boost attendance and foster connections, 152 percent growth
- No. 125 Onit, Houston-based developer of workflow and AI software, 104 percent
- No. 137 InterLinc Mortgage, Houston-based mortgage lender, 85 percent growth
- No. 140 Classy Art, Houston-based supplier of wall décor, 83 percent growth
- No. 145 Zulie Venture (Cellpay), Sugar Land-based provider of prepaid wireless services, 78 percent growth
- No. 149 Total Pump Solutions, Houston-based distributor of fire suppression equipment, 75 percent growth
- No. 155 Construction Concepts, Houston-based commercial construction firm, 67 percent growth
- No. 157 Energy Ogre, Houston-based service that helps consumers find electricity plans, 63 percent growth
- No. 164 Garrison Construction Group, Houston-based commercial construction firm, 60 percent growth
- No. 165 Technocrats Domain, Houston-based provider of IT services, 60 percent growth
- No. 166, G&A Partners, Houston-based professional employer organization, 60 percent growth