class of 2022
Seven Houston companies have been chosen for MassChallenge’s 2022 United States cohort of early-stage startups.
The seven Houston startups are:
- BEMY Cosmetics, a maker of skin rejuvenation products based on RNA technology
- Eisana Corp., whose products are designed to ease the side effects of breast cancer treatment
- Enrichly, a self-esteem-based e-learning platform and gaming app
- RE.STATEMENT, an online marketplace for upcycled clothing
- Roxie Health, a virtual medical assigned geared toward preventing falls by seniors
- Vivifi Medical, whose laparoscopic technology treats male infertility and prostate gland enlargement
- Vouchpad, a provider of affordable student loans
In all, the MassChallenge innovation network selected 250 early-stage startups for this fall’s U.S. accelerator program in Houston, Austin, Dallas, Boston, and Providence, Rhode Island. Participants are eligible for equity-free cash prizes of as much as $1 million. MassChallenge is open to early-stage startups that have raised less than $1 million in equity funding and have generated less than $2 million in revenue over the past 12 months.
“We’re in the business of solving massive challenges, and to do that, we must continue to support diverse founders with bold ideas across geographies, industry verticals, and demographics in creative ways that allow them to wholly own their ideas and solve some of our world’s most pressing problems,” Hope Hopkins, head of acceleration at MassChallenge, says in a news release.
This year’s cohort will have access to MassChallenge’s new residency program, which allows founder teams to travel to MassChallenge’s U.S.-based hubs. The residency program already is underway in Houston and Boston.
In addition, founders will be able to take advantage of a newly created program that enables them to connect with MassChallenge stakeholders.
Last year, MassChallenge named 71 startups to its Houston cohort, and several walked away from the program with cash prizes. Per the nonprofit's website, there isn't a Houston-specific program planned for 2022. MassChallenge has had a presence in Houston since January of 2019 when it announced the Bayou City as a new market.