Deadline extended for inaugural InnovationMap Awards nominations
If you didn't get a chance to submit your nomination for the inaugural InnovationMap Awards presented by Techwave by the July 23 deadline — you're in luck. The nomination period has been extended, and you now have an extra week to submit.
The new — and final — deadline for nominations is July 30 by midnight. Submissions can be made online at InnovationMapAwards.com.
Following nominations, the nominated companies will receive an application to submit by August 13. The already nominated companies will receive their applications today. So, if you're interested in being a part of the awards and you haven't received an application from InnovationMap by the end of Monday, July 26, your company has not already been nominated.
The categories for the awards are:
- BIPOC-Owned Business honoring an innovative tech company founded or co-founded by BIPOC representation
- Female-Owned Business honoring an innovative tech company founded or co-founded by a woman
- Health Care Business honoring a health care business with an innovative solution within life sciences
- Energy Transition Business honoring an energy business with an innovative solution within renewables, climatetech, clean energy, and beyond
- Space Tech Business honoring an aerospace business with an innovative solution within space exploration
- Sports Tech Business honoring a tech business with an innovative solution within sports
- Top Founder Under 40 honoring an innovative founder younger than 40 by Sept. 8, 2021
- Lifetime Achievement Award honoring an innovator who's made a lasting impact on the Houston innovation community
- People's Choice: Startup of the Year selected via an internet voting portal ahead of the event
- Techwave's Texas Advocate Awards honoring two non-Houston based companies selected by our presenting sponsor, Techwave
Earlier this month, InnovationMap named the eight judges for this year's awards. Click here to see who will be selecting the award finalists and winners.
Follow along on InnovationMap as we learn more about the program's inaugural nominees. Then, on September 8, we will host the finalists and a group of special guests at The Cannon for a celebration of the city's top innovators. A livestream of the event will be open to everyone on the night of the awards — tune in to find out who takes home the big win across all 10 categories.
Click here to RSVP for what will surely be a can't-miss event in Houston innovation.