meet the cohort
After launching in Houston with a smaller cohort last year, MassChallenge Texas has announced its latest, full-scale cohort and is kicking off virtual programming this month.
"Today's world is up against new challenges that require creative solutions to help us get back to speed as quickly and as efficiently as possible," says Jon Nordby, MassChallenge Texas in Houston's managing director in a news release. "The incoming cohort is uniquely positioned to make an impact because of their ability to act swiftly and adapt to new market needs. These founders will go on to create the impact and the jobs that will underpin the recovery of our economy for years to come."
The program begins this June 22 and concludes in October. According to the news release, the accelerator will operate as a hybrid — combining virtual and in-person programming. The startups will pitch virtually at the MassChallenge Virtual Startup Showcase on July 16 and 17, as well as at the conclusion of the program at the the MassChallenge Texas in Houston 2020 Awards.
The cohort represents 12 countries and 13 states — with over a third being female founded. The program is also introducing two new tracks: Sports tech, which was announced in April, and space commercialization. Some startups from this cohort will also be participating in the tracks, but MCTX hasn't identified the new tracks' cohorts yet.
Here are the members of the 2020 MassChallenge Texas Houston cohort and where they are based.
Energy and clean tech
- Direct Kinetic Solutions (El Paso, Texas)
- PolarPanel (Houston, Texas)
- QUEMPIN SpA (Chile)
- TexPower (Austin, Texas)
- ThermoAI (New York)
- WeavAIr (Canada)
General and retail
- AbegYa (Cameroon)
- Dunyha (Houston, Texas)
- FieldTrend (California)
- FloodFrame (Houston, Texas) — FloodFrame was also a part of the inaugural cohort.
- Integricote (Houston, Texas)
- Sensegrass (India)
- Scout, Inc (Virginia)
- SurfEllent (Houston, Texas)
- Tellinga (Houston, Texas)
- Walter's Cube (New York)
Health care and life science
- Aniluxx Biotechnology (North Carolina)
- Articulate Labs (Massachusetts)
- Healium (Missouri)
- Hera-MI (France)
- NeuroRescue Inc. (Lafayette, Louisiana) — NeuroRescue was also a part of the inaugural cohort.
- Noleus Technologies Inc. (Houston, Texas) — Noleus was also a part of the inaugural cohort.
- O2 RegenTech (Ohio)
- OrganoTherapeutics (Luxembourg)
- PATH EX Inc (Houston, Texas)
- Pegwin - Patient Safety Innovation (Houston, Texas)
- PREEMIEr Diagnostics (Michigan)
- ReCellTis Wound Cream (El Paso,Texas)
- RedOak Instruments LLC (Katy, Texas)
- Steradian Technologies (Texas)
- Solenic Medical Inc. (College Station, Texas)
- Starling Medical (Houston, Texas)
- TomoWave Laboratories Inc. (Houston, Texas)
- Tremedics Medical Devices (North Richland Hills, Texas)
- UniExo (Ukraine)
- Asystom (France)
- B2B Pay (Finland)
- BoxMagic (Chile)
- ByLingual (Texas)
- CityGuyd (Florida)
- HVACIntel (Texas)
- Keto A.I (Houston, Texas)
- M1neral (Houston, Texas)
- Navigation Research Company (Mount Belvieu, Texas)
- Node App (Canada)
- Ozark Integrated Circuits Inc. (Arkansas)
- Noala (Ukraine)
- Securelyshare (Virginia)
- SenSwim (Israel)
- Sizzle (California)
- Snaptivity (United Kingdom)
- SpenDebt (Houston, Texas)
- Tradeblock (Houston, Texas)
- V2verify (Nebraska)