call for submissions
InnovationMap has extended the nomination deadline to September 22 at midnight. The original article appears below.
We're looking to highlight the best in Houston innovation — do you think you know who has what it takes?
For the third year, InnovationMap is hosting an awards program that will recognize the best of the rest in Houston's innovation ecosystem. Again collaborating with Houston Exponential , the awards program will be on Wednesday, November 8, at Silver Street Studios .
The nomination period — which includes submitting nominations on behalf of yourself or others — will close September 19. Nominees will be sent an application, which will be due October 4. A panel of judges will review the applications and finalists will be announced and notified ahead of the event.
This year's categories include a few new awards — as well as the return of some crowd favorites. Nominees can be submitted to multiple categories.The 2023 Houston Innovation Awards include:
- BIPOC-Owned Business , honoring an innovative company founded or co-founded by BIPOC representation
- Female-Owned Business , honoring an innovative company founded or co-founded by a woman
- Hardtech Business , honoring an innovative company developing and commercializing a physical technology
- Digital Solutions Business , honoring an innovative company developing and programming a digital solution to a problem in an industry
- Social Impact Business , honoring an innovative company providing a solution that would enhance humanity or society in a significant way
- Sustainability Business , honoring an innovative company providing a solution within renewables, climatetech, clean energy, alternative materials, circular economy, and beyond
- Life Science Business , honoring an innovative company within the health and medical industries designing a treatment or technology
- Corporate of the Year , honoring a corporation that supports startups and/or the Houston innovation community
- DEI Champion, honoring an individual who is leading impactful diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives and progress within Houston and their organization
- Ecosystem Builder , honoring an individual who has acted as a leader in developing Houston’s startup ecosystem
- Mentor of the Year , honoring an individual who dedicates their time and expertise to guide and support to budding entrepreneurs
- People's Choice: Startup of the Year , selected via an interactive voting portal during the event
Additionally, the awards gala will honor an innovator who's made a lasting impact on the Houston innovation community. While you may nominate an individual for the Trailblazer Award via the online form, the judging committee will not require applications or nominations for this category and will be considering potential honorees from the ecosystem at large.
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to submit a nomination or see form below.
- Judges named for 2022 Houston Innovation Awards ›
- 2022 Trailblazer Award recipient named for Houston Innovation Awards ›
- InnovationMap, HX reveal winners from Houston Innovation Awards Gala ›
- Finalists named ahead of 2022 Houston Innovation Awards Gala ›
- Photos: InnovationMap, HX share moments from the Houston Innovation Awards Gala ›
- 2023 Houston Innovation Awards finalists announced - InnovationMap ›
- Houston Innovation Awards opens ticket sales as nomination deadline looms - InnovationMap ›