Introducing: The Listies
Nominations closed: Houston Exponential and InnovationMap launch nominations for awards event
The nominations have closed. The original story below has been edited to reflect the extension.
Calling all Houston startups — you're going to want to hear this. Houston Exponential and InnovationMap have teamed up to create an event to honor the best of Houston innovation.
The awards program — dubbed The Listies, a nod to the HTX TechList that launched earlier this year — will take place on Friday, November 20, online as a part of Impact Hub's annual The Houston Innovation Summit (THIS). Click here to register for the event.
The Listies will feature 11 awards — some honoring startups and others focusing on mentors, corporations, and investors. To nominate an MVP in Houston innovation, click the appropriate category and submit a nomination. Note: All nominees will need to have a page on the HTX TechList to be considered for the award. If they do not, they will be contacted to create one. Join the HTX TechList here.
The Listies Categories
- Soonicorn: Which company do you think will be Houston's next unicorn ($1 billion and up valuation)?
- COVID pivot / COVID Phoenix: Which company had the best rebound after the negative effects of the COVID pandemic?
- Civil Innovation: Which company led the charge in positive transformation for the city of Houston and the greater Houston area?
- Welcome to Houston: What is the most promising startup that relocated their headquarters to Houston this year?
- People's Choice Award: Who is your all-around favorite Houston startup company? (Voting will begin after nominations close.)
- DEI Champion: Who has gone above and beyond in fighting for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the ecosystem?
- Individual contributor (MVP within a startup): Which non-founder has made the biggest contribution to their company?
- Mentor of the year: Which mentor has made the biggest impact on startups and the startup community this year?
- Outstanding leadership: Who best demonstrated excellence in leadership for their organization or the larger community?
Corporate and investing awards:
- Corporate Innovation: Which corporation made the biggest strides in innovation?
- Investor of the Year: What fund has gone above and beyond for your company?